NATURE OF THE PROJECT
- replacement of the rusty and completely uprooted old metal protections due to continuous impacts;
- delimitation and protection of the pedestrian walkways, in order to apply the highest standards in terms of personnel safety in compliance with the company regulations.
Where handling movements frequently occur, doors are one of the most vulnerable elements.
Therefore, we decided to install proper impact safety barriers in order to preserve the doors over time. This leads to a reduction in maintenance costs and production shutdowns, caused by the impossibility of crossing close areas.
PEDESTRIAN WALKWAY PROTECTION
We have secured all the pedestrian walkways next to the offices, protecting pedestrians from possible impacts caused by pallet trucks and forklifts.
Considering the facility’s layout, thorough Risk Analyses have been conducted to undertsand what would be the best Traffic Flow to set by applying STOMMPY products that would seperate people from vehicles areas without slowing down productivity.
The scientific method when assessing such risks is clear and easy:
- What are the weights of the moving masses (vehicles) involved?
- What are the speeds of these moving masses (vehicles) involved?
- At what Angle Degree a worst-case-scenario impact can take place?
- The numeric answers of the aformentioned mix of questions provides an Impact Risk Assessment measured in “Joules”
- The last step is assessing the spaces available to consider the Working Width an Impact Safety Barrier necessitates to function correctly.
DURATION OF THE INSTALLATION
SPECIALIZED TECHNICIANS ENGAGED:
2 technicians of STOMMPY Installation Team